You’re reading this because you’re expecting a baby and searching for a Newborn Photographer in Wollongong and Sydney….So while you’re googling that, ask yourself (and them!), can my Newborn Photographer spot a baby in distress and are they a qualified newborn photographer?
What would my Newborn Photographer do if my baby suddenly needed medical help during the session?
Are they trained and ready to react?
The Academy of Newborn Photography Training
- Legal professionals
- Work Health & Safety
- Human Resource Professionals
Choose a Qualified Newborn Photographer who has your babies safety in mind
We are so lucky as Newborn Photographers, to have baby cuddles with these completely gorgeous little bundles. For a long time now, I’ve felt “in tune” with newborns, ready to react and adjust poses or settling techniques when they squirm, and able to hear and differentiate different noises for hunger, tiredness, and tummy pains. We have such a low rate of unsettled babies in the studio, and it just feels natural to me, to be able to handle a newborn safely, gentle ease out burps, and settle babies off to sleep. The “baby-whisperer” comes up from parents quite often in most sessions, along with offers of 2am cuddles!
If you’re reading this and looking for a Newborn Photographer, it’s important to find someone who understands your baby’s needs.
Please don’t choose someone purely based on price or location.
The majority of our clients drive 45 minutes – 1.5 hours to our home studio for their Newborn sessions, and I’m so grateful that my clients choose me.
Don’t choose someone who just wants to practice their poses, regardless of your baby. Or someone who’s rude or ignorant when you’re enquiring. Or someone who’s work looks unsafe, or dangerous. Your baby’s safety comes before pretty pictures.
5 Questions to ask your prospective photographer
- Are they Immunised – and please check with them! (yes! I am. Whooping Cough is particular important).
- Have they received newborn training
- Are they a non-smoker. You definitely do not want your new baby inhaling smoke.
- Do you feel comfortable on the phone to them and are they kind and patient
- Are they a qualified and insured Photographer who photographs what you want to capture, and can provide you with beautiful quality, heirloom products.